Thursday was another cooking Day
|These are all the ingredients you will need to make these biscuits|
- 60g of Butter or Margarine
- 8 Tablespoons of Honey or Golden Sryup
- 160g of Self-Raising Flour
- 20g of Cornflakes
- 40g of Desiccated Coconut
- 40g of Rolled Oats
- 70g of Sultanas (optional)
- Grease the baking Tray.
- Mix together the flour, cornflakes,desiccated coconut, rolled oats and sultanas if you used them.
- With the help of a grown-up mix the butter (or margarine) and honey (or golden Syrup) in a pan over a low heat until they are completely mixed, then remove from heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the melted mixture and mix until in becomes a stiff dough.
- Spoon the mixture on to the baking tray and roll into around 15 balls.
- Get a grown-up to put it in the oven bake at 180C/350F/Gas mark 7 for 10-12 minutes.
|I make more by doubling the mixture|
after around 12 minutes the biscuits are all made and ready to eat be quick as I find these don't last too long in our house ... let me know if you make these yourself ...and tell me what you think....
Also a little tip I have learned when making these is when you are doing the golden syrup bit but you tablespoon into a mug of hot water and you will find the Syrup will come over very easy without sticking to the spoon ...