Sunday 24 February 2013

Making scrummy Biscuits with the kids ....



Thursday was another cooking Day


So after one successful day of cooking we decided to do some of my favourite childhood biscuits that I used to make when I was a kid .... this recipe I got from Nickelodeon many years ago and still to this day I love making these scrummy biscuits......

These are all the ingredients you will need to make these biscuits



Ingredients:


  • 60g of Butter or Margarine
  • 8 Tablespoons of Honey or Golden Sryup
  • 160g of Self-Raising Flour
  • 20g of Cornflakes
  • 40g of Desiccated Coconut
  • 40g of Rolled Oats
  • 70g of Sultanas (optional)




Directions:

  • Grease the baking Tray.
  • Mix together the flour, cornflakes,desiccated coconut, rolled oats and sultanas if you used them.
  • With the help of a grown-up mix the butter (or margarine) and honey (or golden Syrup) in a pan over a low heat until they are completely mixed, then remove from heat. 
  • Add the rest of the ingredients to the melted mixture and mix until in becomes a stiff dough.
  • Spoon the mixture on to the baking tray and roll into around 15 balls.
  • Get a grown-up to put it in the oven bake at 180C/350F/Gas mark 7 for 10-12 minutes.
I make more by doubling the mixture

after around 12 minutes the biscuits are all made and ready to eat be quick as I find these don't last too long in our house ... let me know if you make these yourself ...and tell me what you think....



Also a little tip I have learned when making these is when you are doing the golden syrup bit but you tablespoon into a mug of hot water and you will find the Syrup will come over very easy without sticking to the spoon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment